work is properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
· Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
· Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate.
· Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company, on site and on the road, including: engine chassis repair and maintenance; knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner; knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
· Manage related administrative matters for team, including payroll, maintenance of employee records, records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, recording of all information into Dossier Maintenance Software, prepare and submit budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with targets and performance objectives established by division’s leadership.
· Follow and comply with all safety policies.
· Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
· T3 Drive.