Location: Petersburg, VA
Job Title: Laborer
The Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, recycling center or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as: Cleaning and maintaining work areas; Fueling vehicles and equipment; Cleaning track on track type and related equipment.
- Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick-up.
- Operate general site vehicles and equipment; such as water trucks, pick-up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.
- Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work.
- Install temporary wind fences, as required.
- Direct traffic at the site as necessary.
- Follow and comply with all safety policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
- One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Experience in the Solid Waste Industry preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting (50-100 pounds), outside environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
Click to see our 2021 Benefits Overview