Location: Greater Greenville, SC
Within a division, the Route Operations Supervisor – Hauling is responsible for supervising the collections activities in one or more lines of business (commercial, residential, roll-off (industrial) and/or container delivery and pick up) in a geographically dispersed area. The Route Operations Supervisor oversees drivers and helpers and works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Route Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of safety, customer experience, and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to direct staff members.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Understand and provide leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from drivers’ routes.
- Work with the sales team to identify and eliminate any unsafe conditions on new route or for new customers.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regards to the entire customer experience.
- Understand missed pickup goals and meet or exceed expectations related to those goals.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Create, modify and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Reduce route hours to the extent possible with techniques such as service conversions and container upsizing.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Short-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• 401(k) plan.