Location: Raleigh, NC
The Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
- Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
- Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
- Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
- Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
- Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads.
- Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
· Follow and comply with all safety policies.
· Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
- Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
- Experience computers and various software programs.
- Experience in customer service preferred.
· Microsoft Office
· Experience in the Solid Waste Industry preferred.
Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
· Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
· Travel: As required for position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location