Location: Raleigh, NC
The General Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the Area’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement including profit and loss responsibility. The General Manager manages all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations (transfer stations, landfills, recycling centers and/or complexes); represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal customers and other external stakeholders; oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implements and executes plans to complement the Area’s strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic plan and tactical initiatives, including but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
· Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts to achieve targeted growth objectives, exceed customer experience expectations and optimize profitability.
· Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
· Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
· Manages performance and talent development.
· Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with relevant government, community and environmental groups.
· Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
· Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
· Follow and comply with all safety policies.
· Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
· 5 years of related supervisory experience.
· Associates degree preferred.
· Experience in the Solid Waste Industry preferred.
Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
· Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
· Ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
· Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy.
· Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent.
· Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
· Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
· Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success.
· Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location
Click here to see our 2022 Benefits Overview