Location: Raleigh, NC
A Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Create and maximize capacity by ensuring productive use of all assets, equipment and drivers.
- Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
- Prepare, update, dispense and close the daily route schedule.
- Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
- Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
- Close prior day routes by 10am (local time) within the Soft-Pak operating system.
- Courteously interact with customers, as required.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Short-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• 401(k) plan.
Click here to see our 2022 Benefits Overview