Lead Equipment Operator
Location: Bowling Green, Missouri
The Lead Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of machinery and equipment at a recycling facility, landfill or transfer station. The position is accountable for coordinating the daily activities of Heavy Equipment Operators or Stationary Equipment Operators, ensuring that all work and processes adhere to safety regulations, as well as federal and state requirements.
- Inspect all required equipment at the start of shift, and at each start-up that occurs during the shift. Record all required data in a complete and accurate manner on daily inspection forms.Complete Equipment Condition Report and report any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or maintenance shop.
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, scraper, motor grader, sweeper, baler, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other recycling facility, landfill or transfer station equipment.
- Continuously monitor equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down-time; perform basic troubleshooting, if necessary, and report more complicated mechanical issues to maintenance staff to ensure equipment is repaired in most efficient manner possible.
- Review daily production schedules to accurately estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments of heavy or stationary equipment operators; establish work procedures to meet production schedules, making adjustments in work procedures as necessary to ensure production schedules can be adhered to.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality. Suggest changes for equipment use, work space and other enhancements to increase efficiency of shop, department and work crew.
- Direct employees in completion of work; may interpret Company policies, instructions, specifications, blueprints or job orders for employee understanding; assign duties and work to employees; confer with supervisor or manager to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts; train or assist in training of new employees.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- One year prior supervisory or lead operator experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Three years of prior related experience in equipment operation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for operation of equipment, as required.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned own responsibilities and those of staff are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate operating issues to management; is a team player and able to motivate staff.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan
Click to see our 2019 Benefits Overview