Location: Bowling Green, Missouri
The Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of Equipment at a recycling center, landfill or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work independently in the absence of leadership, self-motivated.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Prepare written reports and/or forms.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and business professional late model vehicle .
- Maintain company dress code and personal hygiene standards.
- Work in inclement weather conditions.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers.
- Handle inbound/outbound calls.
- Must agree to and adapt to an adjusted work schedule that can include some weekends.
- Must agree to and adapt to an adjusted work schedule to include more than an 8-hour day as needed.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of prior related experience in heavy equipment operation.
- One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Short-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- 401(k) plan.
Click to see our 2019 Benefits Overview