Location: Bowling Green, Missouri
Job Title: Driver Trainer
Reports To: General Manager
The Driver Trainer will plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities related to safety initiatives. Conduct and supervise training and develop programs for employees to improve & maintain safety standards, improve employee’s skills and build morale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with management team to interview and hire new Employees
- Train and evaluate all prospective drivers and monitors progress
- Maintain all DOT folders and records on current drivers
- Maintain and/or update driver training manuals
- Maintain driver performance record
- Perform Check Rides/Ride Alongs with drivers
- Conduct driving performance evaluations
- Delegated behind-the-wheel trainers
- Perform post-accident behind-the-wheel remedial training
- Design and implement safety meetings under direction of AP/Safety Director/ General Manager
- Follow and comply with all safety policies
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
- Class A CDL
- Solid Waste Industry experience
- Safety background preferred
- Minimum 2 years Driver/Driver trainer experience
- High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting (25-50 pounds), Warehouse or outdoor environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outdoors and/or Office
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
Click here to review our 2020 Benefits Overview