Construction Waste Sales Representative
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Construction Waste Sales Representative will be responsible for new construction waste customer sales, renewing existing construction waste customers, internal growth of existing construction waste customers, and overall net growth of an assigned construction waste market area. This position is responsible for generating budgeted revenue growth by utilizing a consultative approach in the sale of construction waste management services. This position will require prospecting and closing sales by developing and implementing sound selling strategies.
- Ability to build relationships and demonstrate professionalism
- Knowledge of the business
- Ability to initiate action, gain commitment and make sound decisions
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to manage work/time and meet sales goals
- Demonstrate integrity and use of ethical business practice
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below.
- Support the Sales Manager and General Manager implementing marketing and sales plans/strategies
- Respond to all Broker and RFP requests within assigned market as requested
- Develop and maintain positive community relations/image through involvement in civic and trade organizations, business groups, and other key contacts.
- Responsible for all new customer prospects and retention of existing customers within the assigned market.
- Report and submit monthly sales results
- Daily cold call, phone blocking, and territory management utilized within the sales process
- Research, prepare, assemble and deliver proposals for new prospective customers and existing customers within the assigned market.
- Support and respond to all customer retention activities or concerns.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work independently in the absence of leadership, self-motivated
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Prepare written reports and/or forms
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Maintain valid driver’s license and business professional late model vehicle
- Maintain company dress code and personal hygiene standards
- Work in inclement weather conditions
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers
- Handle inbound/outbound calls
- Must agree to and adapt to an adjusted work schedule that can include some weekends
- Must agree to and adapt to an adjusted work schedule to include more than an 8-hour day as needed
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, related field and or work experience.
- Minimum four years of related new customer sales and account management experience.
- Broker, Online RFP, and Marketing sales experience.
- Contracted service industry related sales specifically in construction waste streams and or applicable experience
- Must be computer (MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook) and phone proficient.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan
Click to see our 2019 Benefits Overview