Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Reports To: Area President
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned division to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted profitable growth and professionally develop the Sales staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement comprehensive business strategies, and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the business unit.
- Develop the sales forecast and maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
- Direct a staff of sales and administrative personnel, including responsibility for hiring, training and performance coaching and management; complete weekly “ride-alongs” with sales personnel to provide training and coaching.
- Assist with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
- Meet regularly with sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
- Proactively contacAt assigned accounts to identify customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
- Participate with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures to assist sales personnel in particular selling circumstances as the need arises.
- Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Review Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy and other requirements.
- Follow and comply with all safety policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.