Manager of Accounting
Job Title: Manager of Accounting
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Summary: The Manager of Accounting is responsible for providing accurate financial statements and accounting services for Meridian Waste by preparing and maintaining financial records as required in compliance with all federal, state, local and professional requirements. The qualified candidate shall be familiar with a variety of the accounting's concepts, practices and procedures to ensure accounting objectives are met. This position will rely on previous relevant experience and judgment in order to aid in problem solving for all accounting questions or issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate financial statements for management reporting purpose; ensure all financial reports are complied with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Perform daily financial entries into the system including accounts receivable, deposits and all necessary maintenance items.
- Prepare and perform various journal entries to maintain the corporation's accounts as necessary.
- Maintain chart of accounts which entailed creating new accounts and remove out of date accounts.
- Conduct reconciliation on company bank accounts on weekly/monthly basis; reconcile balance sheet items such as prepayment, deposit, PP&E, debt, other accruals, etc. monthly.
- Perform on time year-end and month-end closing. This includes preparing all necessary closing entries such as accruals, depreciation, and any necessary adjustment entries.
- Monitor company assets register such as heavy equipment, furniture and fixtures, computer hardware and software and the corporation's accounting files as needed.
- Ensure company’s books of accounts and related matters are handled appropriately and the company’s accounting systems are maintained according to the company’s procedures.
- Ensure all A/R transaction entries are system-integrated to the proper G/L accounts; maintain all general ledger accounts on a regular basis including reconciling sub-ledgers with G/L accounts.
- Assist in periodic audits, inventory physical count, prepare necessary documentation and any required information requested by auditors.
- Reconcile inventory reports. Identify and report any issues to management. Liaison with other departments to resolve issues.
- Assist in monitoring departmental budgets throughout the year and report any significant deviations to management with analysis detailing the cause for the deviation and corrective action(s) necessary.
- Recommend solutions to any accounting related issues using accounting systems and procedures when necessary.
- Liaison with external tax firm for any tax-filing issues and provides all information requested.
- Improve the efficiency in the workflow of accounting department.
- Participate in weekly accounting meetings to point out problems and difficulties encountered and to provide solutions.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Follow and comply with all safety policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ and or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and/or equivalent training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience.
- Intacct experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
- Working knowledge of all major Finance disciplines.
- Must be able to multi-task and have an attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate strong organization and project management skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required for position.
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
I have read and understand the contents of the above job description.
Employee Signature Date Signed
Employee Printed Name