Director - Human Resources, Safety, and Risk Management
Location: Greensboro, GA or Charlotte, NC (TBD)
With limited and general direction from senior management, the Director, Human Resources, Safety, and Risk Management acts as a business partner with various levels of the management team to effectively manage the human resources function company-wide while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs. In addition to administering staffing, training, employee relations, compliance, benefits, and compensation programs at the local level, this role is actively engaged with the implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives. Further, the role involves providing support to the local safety managers regarding Safety policies, commercial property and casualty claims, drug screening policies and procedures, and training processes. The Director is also responsible for all executive risk, crime, cyber, pollution, and other claims currently open or which may arise. This position will also work closely with the CFO in ensuring cost-effective insurance, financial assurance, and benefits programs are in place and pro-actively updated where needed to ensure company needs can be met.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Able to use MS Office including Word and Excel.
Experience with payroll systems and other benefits systems.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and complete deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
• Process payroll and distribute payroll-related reports as needed.
• Implements, disseminates, and monitors company policies, programs and procedures in the areas of training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, hiring processes and terminations of employment.
• Monitors compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
• Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Oversees the financial assurance and insurance programs; updates carriers as needed resulting from acquisitions, divestitures, changes in contracts, etc.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of directly applicable experience in Human Resources.
Click to see our 2019 Benefits Overview