Location: Greensboro, GA
Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, billing reimbursements from clients, collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for the owner, monthly preparation of a reforecast, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Detailed, organized and communicative
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Able to prioritize and work with multiple supervisors including the CEO.
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the annual tax return.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers.
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity.
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes.
- Preparation of the year to date cash flow.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances.
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions.
- Preparation of payroll.
- Supervise the billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition, QPAM and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements.
- Supervise the accumulation of permitted reimbursements from clients through the accounts payable process and bill these reimbursements to the clients monthly.
- Coordinate and record investments made in Funds, securities, overnight funds, etc.
- Assist the in maintaining of records for retirement accounts (i.e., 401-K Plan).
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, payables for Title Holding Entities, allocations of costs incurred on behalf of multiple entities.
- Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities such as software costs, accounting services, analytical services, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for coordinate quarterly inventory of fixed assets with the information technology department.
- Assist Field and District Controllers in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and calculation of fees.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and all regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, and all federal regulations related to investment Companies.
- Supervise accounts payable clerk to ensure:
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Soft-Pak (business system operating software), INTAACT (accounting software) and Adaptive Insights (Budgeting/forecasting software).
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 4+ years experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience working as a controller for a service provider such as a management services, preferably in the solid waste, transportation or logistics industry
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Short-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• 401(k) plan.
Click to see our 2019 Benefits Overview